Thursday, August 28, 2008

Anticipation and Predictions

So college football is here and I havn't officially made any predictions yet... so here I go. I will start with the Pac-10. I have USC winning the Pac-10 again with my Ducks taking number 2 followed by ASU. Cal will finish fourth and Arizona fifth. Oregon State, Washington, Stanford, and Wazzu will finish the Pac-10 in that order. My pick for the Big 12 is Missouri and for the Big-10 I have Ohio State. I have Florida as the SEC champ, South Florida as the Big East champ, and Clemson as the ACC champ. My Heisman pick is Chase Daniels. He has all the tools, great players around him and have only gotten better from the last year with their experience. Other Finalists at the end of the year will be Tim Tebow, Beanie Wells, and Sam Bradford. MY upset of the year is going to be Utah over Michigan. Sorry Michigan but you just might have another tough season and another large upset... but that remains to be seen. My suprise team of the year will be South Florida. I predict that South Florida will be a top 12 team at the end of the year. Matt Grothe is a good quarterback and has a winning attitude. And they may have the defensive player of the year with Selvie. They will be a tough team. One team that I think might struggle this year other than Michigan is LSU they do have great athletes but their question mark at qb might hurt their season. They lost some other players so I think this is the year where Les Miles can prove what kind of a coach he is and we will see if Gary Crowten is the offensive genius that everyone in Baton Rouge thinks he is. I don't think so and I think their offense will struggle.
I'm so pumped for another season of college football. The atmosphere is what does it for me. The rivals, the crowd noise, the craziness, the tailgaiting, and just the special bond that I have with my school that I can't quite seem to find with professional sports. It is amazing gives me chills just thinking about it.

News out of Eugene say Costa out for season. That is actually a good thing though. I don't think that he would have been ready for game speed even if he did come back in week 8 or 9. Now the team knows what quarterback is going to be leading the team from game 1 and there is no question about it. He can get a medical redshirt and still have 3 years of eligability left. I think the only question now is will he ever play for the Ducks. That is a lot of time to miss and now they need to work on developing other quarterbacks. One of these guys might improve over time and become a clear cut starter and have a long tenure. Who knows but I see this as a good thing going into the season. Obviously I would want Costa to start but with the injury this will be better for the team in the long run.

Trash

No comments: